how to #pictureLent
Welcome to #pictureLent 2021. This season we are excited to offer a new format for this daily devotional that is created to help you and your families prepare your hearts and homes for Easter. This daily resource invites you to reflect on scripture with your eyes and hearts using Visio Divina (Latin for "divine seeing"). This is a method for praying with images or other media. Every day you will receive an e-mail with an invitation to:
- View: 3-4 images
- Read: Daily Scripture
- Wonder: reflect on the questions (as an individual, family, or in community)
- Respond: using the #picturelent bingo
Steps for picturing Lent:
- Subscribe to #pictureLent at pictureLent.com
- Starting on February 17th, move through the daily devotional playlist as you take time to view, read, wonder, pray, and respond. You might choose to do this as an individual, a family, or in community.
- Find a way to respond:
- Choose an activity from the #pictureLent service bingo card
- Capture and share your own pictures as you continue to reflect on the daily scripture and wondering questions.
- Capture your family practicing #picture together and share it with us.
- Post your pictures via social media (If/when posting pictures of minors make sure you have permission to use their photos) with #pictureLent
- Follow #pictureLent and see how others around the world are connecting to God during this Holy time.
Watch this Video to Learn more about how to #picture
Thanks to the Christie Family for sharing how they #picture